Click on a letter to show list starting at that letter.
New York State Erie Canal Museum at Locks 34 & 35
80 Richmond Avenue - Lockport, NY 14094 716-434-3140
Nostalgic black and white photos of the early days are housed in this former Barge Canal powerhouse. Open daily from 9 am - 5 pm, May 3rd - October 31st. Free.
Erie Canal Discovery Center
24 Church St - Lockport, NY 14094 (716) 439-0431
Opened in 2005, the interactive, multi-media facility is devoted to the history of the Erie Canal, particularity the building of the “Flight of Five” locks at Lockport. Home of the Raphael Beck mural, “The Opening of the Erie Canal.” Open daily from 9 am to 5 pm May through October - or by appointment.
Lockport Cave & Underground Boat Ride
2 Pine Street - Lockport, NY 14094 (716) 438-0174
The Lockport Cave & Underground Boat Ride is a fun, historical 70-minute guided tour through America’s past, viewing the Erie Canal Locks, the “Flight of Five,” (the original locks built in the 1840’s), walking through a 1600-foot water-power tunnel blasted out of solid rock and viewing geologic cave formations whilst riding in an underground boat. Daily tours from 10 am to 5 pm. Admission. Seasonal.
Lockport Locks & Erie Canal Cruises
210 Market St - Lockport, NY 14094 800-378-0352
Much remains the same on the Erie Canal today as it was in the 1800s. Hand-dug to connect the Hudson River with the Niagara River, the 363-mile Grand Old Erie Canal is truly a great engineering feat. Originally, 83 stone locks overcame the 571-foot difference in the level between the rivers. Enlarged in the early 1900s, now 35 locks allow larger vessels to travel across New York State.